Thursday, May 26, 2016
Ticket Galaxy Announced as Official VIP and Title Sponsor of Eighth Annual MADDbacker Celebrity Charity Basketball Game.
SOUTH WINDSOR, CONN. May 26, 2016
The Eighth Annual MADDbacker Celebrity Basketball Game is to be held at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. on June 17, 2016 at 7 p.m. Adrian Ross, former Cincinnati Bengal and MADDBacker Foundation Founder, will be the host for the evening. The game brings together thirty current and former professional athletes from around the country and includes many sports figures from the greater Sacramento area.
Celebrity and athlete participants will include:
- Marlon Moore of the Cleveland Browns
- Former Chicago Bears Lance Briggs & Marcus Riley
- Former Viking Bernard Berrian
- Former Eagles Alex Van Dyke & Stephen Spach
- R&B singer Marcus Anthony
- Rappers Keak Da Sneak & Rick Rock
- Actor Robbie Jones
- Colorado Buffaloes Ahkello Witherspoon
- Former Sacramento King Henry Turner
- Jim Cooley
- Phil Oates
- Tri-Athlete Max Fennell
- Andy Miller
- Russell Osby
- Professional Water Skier Brian Detrick
- Shaquil Barrett and Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos
- Dallas Mavericks owner and businessman Mark Cuban
- Matt Barnes of the Memphis Grizzlies
- Former Seattle Seahawks & 6 time Pro Bowl Selection Terrell Owens
- Former Seattle Seahawk Seneca Wallace
- Former Denver Bronco Syd'quan Thompson
- Three-time world boxing champion Tony “The Tiger” Lopez
- Former Sacramento Monarch Edna Campbell
- Jameel Pugh of the North Dakota Wizards
- Isaiah Frey of the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Parris Warren of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Former San Francisco 49ers Keith Lewis & Fred otis Amey
- Vince Mayle of the Dallas Cowboys
- Former Buccaneer Sammie Stroughter
- Kenny Wiggins of the San Diego Chargers
- NFL free agents Brandyn Thompson, Isaiah Ekejiuba, Donald Butler & Desmond Bishop
A portion of the proceeds from this year’s game will benefit the Positive Coaching Alliance’s Sacramento Chapter (PCA), and will specifically support the organization’s outreach efforts to local youth football programs. PCA provides coaches, parents, and youth athletes with educational programs that promote character-building youth sports experiences.
“Ensuring that local youth athletes have a positive experience focused on character development and life skills is extremely important,” said Sacramento native and founder of The MADDBacker Celebrity Basketball Game, Adrian Ross. “This year’s game will help raise funds to provide important educational resources that will help build our future leaders.”
“We’re proud to support an event and organization that shares the same love of sports as us,” adds Steve Kobelski, President of Ticket Galaxy.
All VIP tickets for the game are offered through Ticket Galaxy, and can be found online here, or by calling 844-55-GALAXY. Tickets are $200 and include premium court-side floor seats, a potential meet and greet with celebrity players, and access to a VIP after party.
About Ticket Galaxy
Ticket Galaxy has been leading the secondary ticket market for the last three decades, providing consumers with a first-class experience and access to live events across the world. Aligning with some of the most identifiable brands in entertainment, their signature website www.TicketGalaxy.com, offers unmatched inventory, premiere customer service and secure ticket transactions in an easy-to-navigate environment.
With deep rooted industry partnerships, Ticket Galaxy is committed to helping sports teams, college programs, venues, touring artists, and other event stakeholders take control of their resale markets. Through a unique collaboration blending consulting, ticket investment, sponsorship, data sharing and analytics, Ticket Galaxy establishes customized solutions that maximize distribution, share profits, and deliver long-term value. As the secondary-market continues to expand, Ticket Galaxy is there to help you control it.
The Eighth Annual MADDbacker Celebrity Basketball Game will take place on June 17th at 6:30PM at Sleep Train Arena. Proceeds from the 2016 game will go towards the Positive Coaching Alliance. Past beneficiaries include Sacramento Sherriff’s Department, Boys and Girls Club of California, U-CAN Foundation, Natomas Unified School District, and Make A Wish Foundation. Celebrities participating in the event include Mark Cuban, Sacramento Kings owners Andy Miller and Phil Oates, local high school basketball phenomenal Jameel Pugh, Super Bowl Champions Brandon Marshall (linebacker) & Shaquil Barrett and USA Water Skier Brian Detrick. For more details for sports fans, or for businesses and sponsors who want to obtain more information can visit www.Maddbacker.com, or reach out to our Event Coordinator Janelle Evans at (510) 435-2645 or Janelle@Maddbacker.com.
About the Positive Coaching Alliance
Founded in 1998, the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is committed to providing all youth and high school athletes a positive, character‐building youth sports experience. To that end, PCA has conducted more than 10,000 live group workshops nationwide for more than 475,000 youth and high school sports coaches, parents, student‐athletes and school/organizational leaders. Through workshops and online courses, PCA has impacted more than 4 million youth. PCA’s partnership network includes more than 1,700 youth sports organizations, cities and schools.